Honourable Jack Beale Scholarship in Engineering
The Honourable Jack Beale Scholarship in Engineering aims to enhance the opportunity of students entering first year a UNSW undergraduate Engineering degree who can demonstrate an interest in water resources and the environment.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be an Australian Citizen or Australian Permanent Resident; and
- Have completed the NSW HSC (or interstate equivalent); either:
- in the year prior to commencing study at UNSW, or
- in the previous two years prior to commencing at UNSW, provided no tertiary study was undertaken during this period.
- Be commencing a full-time undergraduate study in an undergraduate Engineering (single or dual) degree offered by the Faculty of Engineering.
Applicants will be assessed on the basis of:
- Academic merit (anticipated ATAR of 95 or above)
- Demonstrated interest in study relating to water resources and the environment
- Potential to contribute to the wider life of the university (extra-curricular activities, leadership skills)
- Preference may be given applicants in receipt of means-tested Centrelink Benefits, such as ABSTUDY, Youth Allowance, or Austudy.