The U-Committee Scholarship aims to assist and support female students who are commencing undergraduate studies at UNSW.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be female
- Be Australian Citizens or Australian Permanent Residents (including Australian Humanitarian Visa Holders); and
- Must have completed the NSW HSC (or interstate equivalent) either:
- in the year prior to commencing study at UNSW, or
- in the previous two years prior to commencing at UNSW, provided no tertiary study was undertaken during this period; and
- Be commencing their first year of study in an undergraduate degree program at UNSW; and
- Must demonstrate financial hardship and at least one other educational disadvantages.
Candidates will be considered on the basis of their Equity Scholarship application to UAC (University Admissions Centre).
Each applicant will be assessed on their eligibility to demonstrate one or more of the following criteria:
- Indigenous Australian
- Long term medical condition/disability or ongoing affects of abuse
- Carer responsibilities
- Regional or remote disadvantages
- Sole parent responsibilities
- Financial hardship
The award of the Scholarship may not be deferred.
Applicants must submit a UAC Undergraduate Equity Scholarship application by Wednesday, 13 December 2017.