UNSW Science Vacation Research Scholarship
High School Leaver
UAC & EAS
$3,800 50 Scholarship(s) available for Vacation
No residency requirements
OutlineThe purpose of the UNSW Science Summer Vacation Research Scholarship is to expose highly talented undergraduate students, enrolled in Science or a related discipline, to scientific research and other science-based experience, and to further their education and inspire them to consider research or related activities. The scholarship program will run for a six week period over the Summer Semester (November to February).
Visit the 2017/2018 Research Areas page for a list of possible research areas.
EligibilityTo be eligible, applicants must:
- Be currently enrolled in second year or above of an undergraduate program in the Faculty of Science or a science-related discipline at UNSW or another Australian or New Zealand University.
- Able to be engaged in a project on a full-time basis (35 hours/week for six weeks during normal working hours unless advised otherwise by the supervisor);
- Projects must be focused on research-based activities (administration tasks are not regarded as research) and should be completed by the end of February;
- Each successful candidate can hold only ONE such scholarship at a time;
- Students who were previously awarded a UNSW Science Vacation Research Scholarship are not eligible to apply.
SelectionEach applicant will be assessed on their ability to demonstrate:
- Academic Merit; the minimum WAM required would typically be expected to be 75.
- Aptitude for research and commitment to studies in an area of research within UNSW Science
Application ProcessStudents are required to submit a scholarship application (attaching their CV and academic transcripts as one PDF file) along with the UNSW Science Vacation Research Scholarship Form.