New Colombo Plan Scholarship
New Colombo Plan Scholarship
The New Colombo Plan is a signature initiative of the Australian Government that aims to lift knowledge of the Indo-Pacific in Australia and strengthen our people-to-people and institutional relationships, through study and work placement undertaken by Australian undergraduate students in the region.
Valued at up to AU$67,000 the New Colombo Plan Scholarship Program provides the opportunity for Australian undergraduates to undertake up to one academic year of study in one of the destination countries. The program also includes provision for relevant language studies, internship/ mentorship and community engagement components.
UNSW is calling for expressions of interest from students wishing to go on Student Exchange to one of the destination countries between 1 January 2020 and 15 December 2020. UNSW will nominate up to 10 students to apply to the prestigious Scholarship Program.
Destination Countries: 2020 NCP Scholarship Programs can be conducted in approved Indo-Pacific Host Locations including China, India, Indonesia, Hong Kong, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam. You will be asked to indicate your country preferences in the Expression of Interest form. For a complete list of destinations please click here
To be eligible for nomination you must:
- be an Australian citizen;
- not be a current or previous citizen or permanent resident of your proposed Primary Location or any Secondary Location;
- be enrolled, until completion of all Study Components, in at least one Bachelor Degree or Bachelor Honours Degree unit at an on-shore campus of an Australian University;
- be undertaking, until completion of all Study Components, at least one Bachelor Degree or Bachelor Honours Degree;
- be between 18 and 28 years of age (inclusive) on 1 January 2020;
- have achieved a minimum 70 per cent graded average or equivalent for your undergraduate course at the time of Application,
- be applying to go on a Student Exchange between 1 January and 15 December 2020;
- receive credit from your Student Exchange towards your UNSW degree,
- not be undertaking another Australian Government funded off-shore scholarship at the commencement of, or concurrently with, the Scholarship Program, and
- not be a previous recipient of a Scholarship under the NCP Scholarship Program.
A detailed description of the requirements for applicants is included in the Scholarship Program Guidelines
Applicants will be assessed against the following criteria. You should address each criterion and limit your responses to 300 words per criterion.
- Demonstrated academic excellence at the tertiary level
- Evidence of leadership and engagement in the community
- Adaptability and Resilience skills
- Ability to contribute to New Colombo Plan objectives
- Why you want to undertake exchange at your preferred university/country and how the experience relates to your studies
Students must be available for UNSW interviews during the week of 13 or 20 May 2019