Scape Group Accommodation Scholarship

Scape Group Accommodation Scholarship

UGCE1398

Key
High School Leaver
Indigenous Australians
Rural
UAC & EAS
Criteria
Stage
Value
$25,663
available for 1 year
Residency
Aus Citizen / Aus Permanent Resident / NZ Citizen
Opens
29/10/2021
Closes
30/11/2021
Outline

The Scholarship has been established to support commencing or currently enrolled rural students, in particular elite athletes, transitioning to UNSW with subsidised accommodation costs in partnership with accommodation provider, Scape Group.

Each Scholarship will cover 80% of accommodation fees at rooms provided by Scape and will be payable for one year. The remaining 20% will be paid by the student.

The Scholarship will be valid for 51 weeks.

Accommodation will only be permitted at the following:

  • Accommodation-Urbanest Darling Square

  • Room Type-Medium studio apartment
  • Eligibility
    To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
    • Be commencing or currently enrolled in an eligible UNSW undergraduate degree program; and
    • Be an elite athlete; or
    • Be from a Rural or Remote area*

    *Must have lived in a rural, regional or remote area within the two years prior to the start of your UNSW studies.
    Check the Australian Standard Geographic Classification Remoteness Areas (ASGC-RA) system map to check your eligibility. All categories other than RA1 Major Cities of Australia are considered to be regional or remote with the exception of Hobart.
    Selection
    Applicants will be assessed on the basis of:
    • Academic Merit
    • Leadership skills (school, workplace or community)
    • Extra-curricular activities (sporting, cultural activities, volunteer/work experience)
    • Aptitude and commitment to studies (Rural Students)
    • Elite athletes must provide details of sporting achievements over the past two years including all representative selections, major sporting competitions attended and results. Please explain if and how your Sport has been affected by COVID-19.

    You must provide evidence supporting the above criteria in your online application. Please refer to the Scholarship Application Supporting Documents for a detailed list of examples.

    Unanswered application questions or claims without supporting documentation will not be assessed. Late applications/supporting documentation will not be accepted.