Applications for 2017/18 Equity Scholarships are now open. Your application will be valid for one year until July 2018 and will be considered for all rounds that UNSW will participate in.
Applicants who have submitted a UAC Equity Scholarship application must demonstrate educational disadvantage(s) from one or more of the following categories:
- Carer responsibilities
- Financial hardship
- Indigenous Australian
- Long-term medical condition/disability or ongoing effects of abuse
- Refugee status
- Regional or remote disadvantage
- Sole parent responsibilities
For more information on the Equity Scholarship application process, please refer to www.uac.edu.au/equity
Equity Scholarship Offer Rounds and Application Deadlines
Apply by the following dates to be considered for each round:
- September Round 2 - Wednesday 6 September 2017 (For Session 2 2017)
- October Round 1 - Wednesday 4 October 2017 (For Session 2 2017)
- November Round 1 - Wednesday 8 November 2017 (For Session 2 2017)
- December Round 2 - Wednesday 13 December 2017 (For Session 1 2018)
- January Round 1 - Friday 5 January 2018 (For Session 1 2018)
More rounds will be added between January and July 2018.
EDUCATIONAL ACCESS SCHEME (EAS) SCHOLARSHIPS
Applicants who have submitted a UAC Educational Access Scheme application can also be considered for a scholarship. Only Australian citizens, NZ citizens, Australian permanent residents (includes a holder of an Australian permanent resident humanitarian visa) are eligible. Applicants must demonstrate disadvantage(s) from one or more of the following categories:
- Disrupted Schooling
- Financial Hardship
- Home Environment & Responsibilities
- Personal illness/disability
- Refugee status
- School Environment
EAS applications should be submitted via UAC by Thursday 30 November 2017 for December Round 2 and 3 January 2018 for January Round 1.
For more information on the EAS application process, please refer to www.uac.edu.au/eas
Refer to the Scholarships website to check application method.
If you have any questions, please contact UNSW Scholarships.